Frequently Asked Questions
Are there requirements for becoming a docent/tour guide?
We are always looking for volunteer docents, and there are a few things that are very important to us in a prospective docent/tour guide:
- Docents need to love people and enjoy talking to them.
- We request all docents to dress in traditional Western dress.
- An existing knowledge of area history is helpful, but can be learned quickly.
- High availability on weekends and for special events. Sometimes you may only be needed one day a week, or even just one day a month. Currently, we are in need of volunteers on Saturday mornings and/or Sunday afternoons.
- If you are available on weekdays or on a regular basis, we can use you for tours during that time.
- We have some docents that only work special events two to three times a year. Others docents call a few days ahead and we can schedule them to fit their agenda.